Mr and Mrs Peroni began their restaurant business here in Cadoneghe in 1918, founding the Antica Trattoria da Gambaro. In 1931, the venue was taken over by the Zaghetto family.
For years the restaurant has been a landmark for those who wanted to enjoy typical Venetian cuisine and also gained a reputation as a place for recreation with card games and bocce matches.
Still today, the restaurant has a shed with 4 clay bocce courts where the world and regional championships were held.
Over the years the bocce courts have become an ideal place for hosting large dinners and celebrations of all kinds.
The most recent renovation of the premises took place between 1985 and 1989, and this saw the beginning of the dance evenings and the opening of the pizzeria as a response to customer requests.
The latest innovations have seen the creation of a playground for children and an indoor space to entertain children during the winter period.